BARTIN IN REPUBLIC PERIOD
In 1920 Bartın connected to Zonguldak lieutenant governor, Bartın had become the county of Zonguldak with being the province of Zonguldak in 1924. Bartın gained provincial statue On 7 September 1991 with law dated 28.08.1991 and numbered 3760.
Amasra was a county connected to Bartın province in Ottoman period, Amasra was declined sub-district statue along with Republic ; again in 1987, Ulus ; again in 1944, Kurucaşile ; county in 1957 had been.
Bartın has 4 counties now: Centre, Amasra, Ulus, Kurucaşile, has 264 villages along with Arıt, Kozcağız, Kumluca and Abdipaşa towns.
BARTIN IN OTTOMAN PERIOD
At the end of the Ankara war in 1402, İsfendiyaroğlu principality took possession of the city some time; the city came under the domination of Ottoman Empire in 1461 again. In 1460, Bartın and round were within the boundaries of Ottoman Empire, Amasra was Genoese Colony. For the purpose of providing Anatolian Turkish Union, annex the Black Sea trade and sea route to the country which possess Genoese, Fatih the Conqueror who prepared for Northern Anatolia Voyage selected Amasra, Kastamonu and Sinop as the first goal. In 1460, while Fatih the Conqueror departed from Üsküdar under the pretext of hunting, Ottoman fleet in Mehmet Pasha’s command moved from the sea. When Fatih the Conqueror came to Bolu, İsfendiyaroğulları’s Bey İsmail Bey who was dominant Kastamonu and Sinop regions and as a continuation of Candaroğulları principality, declared padishah’s loyalty with sending valuable items. Fatih the Conqueror proceeding on his way came to Bartın in October and encamped today’s Orduyeri. Messengers communicating with navy when reported that the navy was seen in Amasra offshore, Fatih the Conqueror received Amasra without spilling blood from Genoese seigneur.
Bartın was located within the boundaries of Bolu starboard dependent on Anatolian Governor between the years of 1460- 1692 in Ottoman Period. Bartın governed by voivodship between the years of 1692-1811 with removing Bolu starboard, located in Bolu starboard which was reestablished depending on Kastamonu province. In this period, Bartın was named as “12 Council, became a marketplace with its commercial potential and became a town in 1867. It was established municipal organization in 1876.